- a division of a county with some corporate powers.；a district six miles square.
noun: township, plural noun: townships
- 1. North American a division of a county with some corporate powers.
- ▪ a district six miles square.
- 2. (in South Africa) a suburb or city of predominantly black occupation, formerly officially designated for black occupation by apartheid legislation.
- 3. British historical a manor or parish as a territorial division.
- ▪ a small town or village forming part of a large parish.
township和town用法的差別 以台灣來分 town=鎮 township=鄉 ...
1. 橋頭 Ciaotou 鄉 Township 橋頭鄉 Ciaotou Township 2. 仕... Village, Ciaotou Township, Kaohsiung County 825, Taiwan...
鳥松鄉-->Niaosong Township 大碑路-->Dabei Road 力行巷..., Dabei Road, Niaosong Township, Kaohsiung County 833, Taiwan...