- a written or printed version of something; a transcript；the action or process of transcribing something
noun: transcription, plural noun: transcriptions
- 1. a written or printed version of something; a transcript they produced a complete transcription of the journals
- ▪ the action or process of transcribing something the funding covers transcription of nearly illegible photocopies
- ▪ a form in which a speech sound or a foreign character is represented our usual transcription is given in brackets
- 2. an arrangement of a piece of music for a different instrument, voice, or group of these a transcription for voice and lute
- 3. the process of transcribing RNA, with existing DNA serving as a template, or vice versa.
- a written or printed representation of something.
Oxford American Dictionary