- make a marked change in the form, nature, or appearance of；undergo a marked change
- the product of a transformation.；a rule for making a transformation.
verb: transform, 3rd person present: transforms, gerund or present participle: transforming, past tense: transformed, past participle: transformed
- 1. make a marked change in the form, nature, or appearance of lasers have transformed cardiac surgery he wanted to transform himself into a successful businessman
- ▪ undergo a marked change a wry cynicism rapidly transforms into an overwhelming sense of sourness
- ▪ change the voltage of (an electric current).
- 2. change (a mathematical entity) by transformation.
- 1. the product of a transformation.
- ▪ a rule for making a transformation.