- express the sense of (words or text) in another language；be expressed or be capable of being expressed in another language
verb: translate, 3rd person present: translates, gerund or present participle: translating, past tense: translated, past participle: translated
- 1. express the sense of (words or text) in another language several of his books were translated into English 同義詞 interpret, render, gloss, put, express, ... 更多
- ▪ be expressed or be capable of being expressed in another language shiatsu literally translates as ‘finger pressure’
- ▪ convert something or be converted into (another form or medium) few of Shakespeare's other works have been translated into ballets twenty years of critical success which rarely translated into public acclaim 同義詞 render, paraphrase, reword, rephrase, recast, ... 更多
- ▪ convert (a sequence of nucleotides in messenger RNA) to an amino acid sequence in a protein or polypeptide during synthesis.
- 2. move from one place or condition to another she had been translated from familiar surroundings to a foreign court 同義詞 relocate, transfer, move, remove, shift, ... 更多
- ▪ formal move (a bishop or, in Scotland, a minister) to another see or pastoral charge in 1228 he was translated from Salisbury to Durham
- ▪ formal remove (a saint's relics) to another place.
- ▪ literary convey (someone who is not dead) to heaven.
- 3. cause (a body) to move so that all its parts travel in the same direction, without rotation or change of shape.
- ▪ transform (a geometrical figure) in an analogous way.