- occur; happen；prove to be the case
verb: transpire, 3rd person present: transpires, gerund or present participle: transpiring, past tense: transpired, past participle: transpired
- 1. occur; happen I'm going to find out exactly what transpired 同義詞
- ▪ prove to be the case as it transpired, he was right
- ▪ (of a secret or something unknown) come to be known; be revealed Yaddo, it transpired, had been under FBI surveillance for some time 同義詞
- 2. (of a plant or leaf) give off water vapor through the stomata.