- behave toward or deal with in a certain way；regard something as being of a specified nature with implications for one's actions concerning it
- an event or item that is out of the ordinary and gives great pleasure；used with a possessive adjective to indicate that the person specified is paying for food, entertainment, etc., for someone else
verb: treat, 3rd person present: treats, gerund or present participle: treating, past tense: treated, past participle: treated
- 1. behave toward or deal with in a certain way she had been brutally treated he treated her with grave courtesy 同義詞
- ▪ regard something as being of a specified nature with implications for one's actions concerning it the names are being treated as classified information 同義詞
- ▪ present or discuss (a subject) the lectures show a striking variation in the level at which subjects are treated 同義詞
- 2. give medical care or attention to; try to heal or cure the two were treated for cuts and bruises 同義詞
- 3. apply a process or a substance to (something) to protect or preserve it or to give it particular properties linen creases badly unless it is treated with the appropriate finish 同義詞
- 4. provide someone with (food, drink, or entertainment) at one's own expense the old man had treated him to a drink or two 同義詞
- ▪ give someone (something) as a favor he treated her to one of his smiles
- ▪ do or have something that gives one great pleasure treat yourself—you can diet tomorrow
- 5. negotiate terms with someone, especially an opponent propagandists claimed that he was treating with the enemy 同義詞
- 1. an event or item that is out of the ordinary and gives great pleasure he wanted to take her to the movies as a treat 同義詞
- ▪ used with a possessive adjective to indicate that the person specified is paying for food, entertainment, etc., for someone else “My treat,” he insisted, reaching for the bill
sweet treats 是指 「好吃的甜食」。 treat 不一定是「點心」，是好吃的東西。朗文字典...的東西。 美國小孩過萬聖節，敲門要糖，人家一打開門就說 Trick or treat，「你要我整你還是要給我好吃的糖」，就是這樣的用法。 2012-03-12 23...
treat 是及物動詞,後面應該要接受詞而不是介係詞,所以基本上treat with不是一個片語,它的用法應該是寫成:treat A with...來治療這個病人)補充: 我敢說你的字典一定是英漢字典,treat可以當不及物動詞的用法,我翻遍各大英英字典,沒有看到...
every year this musical treat is a sell-out event 每年這個音樂饗宴都是一票難求的活動 treat 是名詞...