- a high-pitched voice, especially a boy's singing voice；a boy (or girl) with a high-pitched singing voice
noun: treble, plural noun: trebles
- 1. a high-pitched voice, especially a boy's singing voice the boy replied in a shrill treble the children's treble voices
- ▪ a boy (or girl) with a high-pitched singing voice we had sung together as trebles in the choir
- ▪ a part written for a high voice or an instrument of a high pitch we have studied the treatment of melodic lines in treble and bass separately
- 2. denoting a relatively high-pitched member of a family of similar instruments a treble viol
- ▪ the smallest and highest-pitched bell of a ring or set.
- 3. the high-frequency output of a radio, or audio system, corresponding to the treble in music.