- an act, statement, or gift that is intended to show gratitude, respect, or admiration；something resulting from a particular quality or feature and indicating its worth
noun: tribute, plural noun: tributes
- 1. an act, statement, or gift that is intended to show gratitude, respect, or admiration the video is a tribute to the musicals of the 40s a symposium organized to pay tribute to Darwin 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ something resulting from a particular quality or feature and indicating its worth his victory in the championship was a tribute to his persistence 同義詞
- ▪ denoting or relating to a group or musician that performs the music of a more famous one and typically imitates them in appearance and style of performance an Abba tribute band a tribute show
- 2. historical payment made periodically by one state or ruler to another, especially as a sign of dependence the king had at his disposal plunder and tribute amassed through warfare 同義詞
- 3. historical a proportion of ore or its equivalent, paid to a miner for his work, or to the owner or lessor of a mine.