- a cunning act or scheme intended to deceive or outwit someone；a mischievous practical joke
- cunningly deceive or outwit；use deception to make someone do (something)
- intended or used to deceive or mystify, or to create an illusion；liable to fail; defective
noun: trick, plural noun: tricks
verb: trick, 3rd person present: tricks, gerund or present participle: tricking, past tense: tricked, past participle: tricked
- 1. a cunning act or scheme intended to deceive or outwit someone he's a double-dealer capable of any mean trick 同義詞
- ▪ a mischievous practical joke she thought Elaine was playing some trick on her 同義詞
- ▪ an illusion I thought I saw a flicker of emotion, but it was probably a trick of the light 同義詞
- ▪ a skilful act performed for entertainment or amusement he did conjuring tricks for his daughters 同義詞
- ▪ a clever or particular way of doing something the trick is to put one ski forward and kneel 同義詞
- 2. a peculiar or characteristic habit or mannerism she had a trick of clipping off certain words and phrases 同義詞
- 3. (in bridge, whist, and similar card games) a sequence of cards forming a single round of play. One card is laid down by each player, the highest card being the winner.
- 4. informal a prostitute's client.
- 5. a sailor's turn at the helm, usually lasting for two or four hours.
- 1. cunningly deceive or outwit many people have been tricked by villains with false identity cards
- ▪ use deception to make someone do (something) he tricked her into parting with the money
- ▪ use deception to deprive someone of (something) two men tricked a pensioner out of several hundred pounds
- 2. sketch (a coat of arms) in outline, with the colours indicated by letters or signs.
- 1. intended or used to deceive or mystify, or to create an illusion a trick question
- 2. North American liable to fail; defective a trick knee
...寫作技巧高超的作家。 3. 技術人員;熟練工人[M] #意指專業的技術、能力 trick: 1. 詭計;騙局;謀略;花招 He got into the castle by a trick. 他耍...
"Trick or treat" redirects here. For other uses, see Trick..., asking for treats such as candy with the question, "Trick or treat?" The "trick" part of "trick or treat" is...
...of his marriage in the newspapers. 我們從報上獲悉他結婚了。 TRICK: 1詭計;騙局;謀略;花招 He got into the castle by a trick. 他耍...