- firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something；acceptance of the truth of a statement without evidence or investigation
- believe in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of；allow someone to have, use, or look after (someone or something of importance or value) with confidence
noun: trust, plural noun: trusts
verb: trust, 3rd person present: trusts, gerund or present participle: trusting, past tense: trusted, past participle: trusted
- 1. firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something relations have to be built on trust they have been able to win the trust of the others 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ acceptance of the truth of a statement without evidence or investigation I used only primary sources, taking nothing on trust
- ▪ the state of being responsible for someone or something a man in a position of trust 同義詞
- ▪ literary a person or duty for which one has responsibility rulership is a trust from God
- 2. an arrangement whereby a person (a trustee) holds property as its nominal owner for the good of one or more beneficiaries a trust was set up the property is to be held in trust for his son 同義詞
- ▪ a body of trustees.
- ▪ an organization or company managed by trustees a charitable trust the National Trust for Historic Preservation
- 3. US dated a large company that has or attempts to gain monopolistic control of a market.
- 4. West Indian archaic commercial credit my master lived on trust at an alehouse
- 5. archaic a hope or expectation all the great trusts of womanhood
- 1. believe in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of I should never have trusted her he can be trusted to carry out an impartial investigation 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ allow someone to have, use, or look after (someone or something of importance or value) with confidence I'd trust you with my life 同義詞
- ▪ commit (someone or something) to the safekeeping of they don't like to trust their money to anyone outside the family 同義詞
- ▪ have confidence; hope (used as a polite formula in conversation) I trust that you have enjoyed this book 同義詞
- ▪ have faith or confidence she trusted in the powers of justice
- ▪ place reliance on (luck, fate, or something else over which one has little control) trusting to the cover of night, I ventured out
- 2. archaic allow credit to (a customer) all persons are forbid to trust sailors
Trust比較接近「實質」的信任（比較像是具體的人或物）。 Believe則是比較...元的背後，以及兩毛五的銅板上，就寫了：'In God We Trust'（上帝不是要被Believe嘛？） 但這是美國與佛羅里達州的「格言...
Rhodes Trust 准許學生先到軍隊履行義務然後再回來Oxford 但既然我已經決定要去當兵 越戰又似乎看不見停戰的跡象 現在思考未來似乎不太明智 *Rhodes Trust是Oxford大學的一個教育慈善單位
...そばにいるから call me 僕（ぼく）がいるから trust me もう何（なに）もおそれないで my dear...m here どこにいたって call me ひとつになれる trust me この想（おも）いほどけないから my...