- the action or process of tuning something；the extent to which a musical instrument, performance, or ensemble is in tune
- 1. the action or process of tuning something an electronic instrument requires no tuning
- ▪ the extent to which a musical instrument, performance, or ensemble is in tune at times the tuning is uncertain, and the solos often lack conviction
- ▪ a particular key or set of pitches to which an instrument, especially one with strings, is tuned E-flat tuning
- ▪ the facility on a radio allowing for the reception of different stations, frequencies, or wavelengths he fiddled with the tuning
- ▪ the variation of the resonant frequency of an oscillatory circuit.