- 翻身; 側翻；翻頁
- 使…翻過來；使…翻倒; 使…翻身
- 1. 翻身; 側翻 he turned over and went to sleep 他翻了個身睡著了 the boat turned over, and we were all thrown into the water 我肚子很不舒服
- 2. 翻頁 I turned over and read on 我翻過一頁接著讀
- 3. 空轉
- 1. 使…翻過來 help me turn the table over 幫我把桌子翻過來
- 2. 使…翻倒; 使…翻身 a big wave striking the ship side on could turn it right over 巨浪打到船舷上，足以將船掀翻
- 3. 移交 customs officials turned the man over to the police 海關官員把那個男子移交給了警方
- 4. 搶劫 burglars had turned the house over 盜匪們洗劫了這所住宅
- 5. 考慮 I've been turning over what you said 我一直在考慮你的話 to turn sth. over in one's mind
- 6. 營業額為 the company turns over 150 million dollars a year 這家公司的年營業額為1.5億美元
- 7. 銷售 we can't turn this line over fast enough to make it worth stocking in quantity 這種產品無法迅速售出，不值得大量囤貨
- 8. 使…空轉
...early to paper (leaf of a book) which then provided many idioms such as turn over a new leaf (late 16th century)... 這段說明了Turn over a new leaf之所以成為...
"turn over" also has the meaning of "移交給" !!! 2012-05-21 11:11:46 補充： In fact, "turn over" have many other uses, such as, when you have rental properties...
1. turn the operation over to 把作業交付(別人或其他單位) 例子: (1) we now turn the operation...也就是說 "改變主意" 例子: (1) The desicion is turned over in his/her/their mind. (2) My opinion is...