- one of two children or animals born at the same birth；a person or thing that is exactly like another
- forming, or being one of, a pair born at one birth；forming a matching, complementary, or closely connected pair
- link; combine
noun: twin, plural noun: twins
- 1. one of two children or animals born at the same birth experiments were carried out using sets of identical twins the twins were approaching their third birthday 同義詞
- ▪ a person or thing that is exactly like another there was a bruise on his cheek, a twin to the one on mine 同義詞
- ▪ the zodiacal sign or constellation Gemini.
- 2. something containing or consisting of two matching or corresponding parts.
- ▪ a twin-bedded room the hotel has 54 rooms, of which 4 are twins
- ▪ a twin-engined aircraft.
- ▪ a twinned crystal.
- 1. forming, or being one of, a pair born at one birth she gave birth to twin boys her twin sister
- ▪ forming a matching, complementary, or closely connected pair the twin problems of economic failure and social disintegration 同義詞
- ▪ growing in pairs twin seed leaves
- ▪ (of a bedroom) containing two single beds we have twin and three-bedded rooms
- ▪ (of a crystal) twinned.
- 1. link; combine the company twinned its core business of brewing with that of distilling