- spin quickly and lightly around, especially repeatedly；cause to rotate
- an act of spinning；a spiraling or swirling shape, especially a flourish made with a pen
noun: twirl, plural noun: twirls
verb: twirl, 3rd person present: twirls, gerund or present participle: twirling, past tense: twirled, past participle: twirled
- 1. spin quickly and lightly around, especially repeatedly:
she twirled in delight to show off her new dress
- 2. cause to rotate:
she twirled her fork in the pasta
- 3. pitch (the ball).
- 1. an act of spinning:
Kate did a twirl in front of the mirror
- 2. a spiraling or swirling shape, especially a flourish made with a pen:
on the lid was a name written in old-fashioned twirls
- v.spin quickly and lightly round, especially repeatedly:
- she twirled in delight to show off her new dress
- n.an act of spinning:
- Kate did a twirl in front of the mirror
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
...'s Dictionary of Synonyms 一書的解釋, spin 和 twirl, 同 turn, revolve, rotate, gyrate, circle, whirl, wheel, eddy, swirl, pirouette 一般, 泛指繞...
How can we make our travel not just a quick fairfround twirl, but something in which we can make and experience a difference? 我們如何能讓旅行不再是走馬看花，而是一件讓我們有不同體驗的事呢？ 答案是： 走 馬 看 花
...你理解： After what felt like forever... twirling under the stars... and drinking in one...滿天星斗？如果是說在星光下或繁星下飲酒是不會用twirling這個動名詞來表達那些星星的狀態 所以就這單一句...