- give or cause to give a short, sudden jerking or convulsive movement；cause to move in a specified direction by giving a sharp pull
- a short, sudden jerking or convulsive movement；a sudden pull or jerk
verb: twitch, 3rd person present: twitches, gerund or present participle: twitching, past tense: twitched, past participle: twitched
noun: twitch, plural noun: twitches
- 1. give or cause to give a short, sudden jerking or convulsive movement her lips twitched and her eyelids fluttered the dog twitched his ears 同義詞
- ▪ cause to move in a specified direction by giving a sharp pull he twitched a cigarette out of a packet 同義詞
- 2. use a twitch to subdue (a horse).
- 1. a short, sudden jerking or convulsive movement his mouth gave a slight twitch 同義詞
- ▪ a sudden pull or jerk he gave a twitch at his moustache 同義詞
- ▪ a sudden sharp sensation; a pang he felt a twitch of annoyance 同義詞
- 2. a small noose attached to a stick, which may be twisted around the upper lip or the ear of a horse to subdue it during veterinary procedures.