- the ability to understand something; comprehension；the power of abstract thought; intellect
- sympathetically aware of other people's feelings; tolerant and forgiving；having insight or good judgment.
- 1. the ability to understand something; comprehension foreign visitors with little understanding of English 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ the power of abstract thought; intellect a child of sufficient intelligence and understanding 同義詞
- ▪ an individual's perception or judgment of a situation my understanding was that he would try to find a new supplier 同義詞
- ▪ sympathetic awareness or tolerance a problem that needs to be handled with understanding 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ an informal or unspoken agreement or arrangement he and I have an understanding he had only been allowed to come on the understanding that he would be on his best behavior 同義詞
- 1. sympathetically aware of other people's feelings; tolerant and forgiving people expect their doctor to be understanding
- 2. archaic having insight or good judgment.