- (of a person) sitting or standing with the back straight；placed in a vertical position
- in or into an upright position
- a post or rod fixed vertically, especially as a structural support；an upright piano
noun: upright, plural noun: uprights
- 1. (of a person) sitting or standing with the back straight an upright posture
- ▪ placed in a vertical position upright stone slabs
- ▪ (of a piano) having vertical strings. 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ greater in height than breadth an upright freezer
- ▪ denoting a device designed to be used in a vertical position an upright vacuum cleaner
- ▪ denoting a chair with a straight back and typically no arms.
- 2. strictly honourable or honest an upright member of the community 同義詞 反義詞
- 1. in or into an upright position she was sitting upright in bed
- 1. a post or rod fixed vertically, especially as a structural support the stone uprights of the parapet
- 2. an upright piano a first-class upright that would satisfy an amateur pianist
- (of a person) sitting or standing with the back straight: an upright posture
- in or into a vertical position: she was sitting upright in bed
- a post or rod fixed vertically, especially as a structural support: the stone uprights of the parapet
Oxford American Dictionary
...1. 筆直[挺]的,直立的,豎立的;垂直的;姿勢好的;立正的 《例句》 sit upright on a stool 腰背挺直地坐在板凳上. 2. 誠實的,正直的,高潔的;公正的 《例句...
...and perceivedexertion during a 1-h vacuuming task with a backpack vacuumcleaner and an upright vacuum cleaner. 比較背包式吸塵器，以及直立式吸塵器在一個小時的吸塵作業...
Even an upright official finds it hard to settle a family quarrel. 或者是 Not even good officials can settle family troubles. 2006-07-31 22:45:53 補充： 謝謝你...超人^^