- make (someone) unhappy, disappointed, or worried；knock (something) over
- an unexpected result or situation；the state of being unhappy, disappointed, or worried
- unhappy, disappointed, or worried；(of a person's stomach) having disturbed digestion, especially because of something eaten.
verb: upset, 3rd person present: upsets, gerund or present participle: upsetting, past tense: upset, past participle: upset
noun: upset, plural noun: upsets
- 1. make (someone) unhappy, disappointed, or worried the accusation upset her 同義詞 distress, trouble, perturb, disturb, discompose, ... 更多反義詞 put at ease
- 2. knock (something) over he upset a tureen of soup 同義詞 knock over, overturn, upend, tip over, push over, ... 更多反義詞 right
- 3. cause disorder in; disrupt the dam will upset the ecological balance 同義詞 disrupt, interfere with, disturb, throw out, turn topsy-turvy, ... 更多反義詞 maintain
- ▪ disturb the digestion of (a person's stomach) the motion of the boat would upset his stomach
- 4. shorten and thicken the end or edge of (a metal bar, wheel rim, or other object), especially by hammering or pressure when heated.
- 1. an unexpected result or situation the greatest upset in boxing history 同義詞 unexpected result, major defeat, rout, trouncing, thrashing, ... 更多反義詞 walkover
- 2. the state of being unhappy, disappointed, or worried a legal dispute will cause worry and upset 同義詞 distress, trouble, perturbation, disturbance, discomposure, ... 更多反義詞 calm, ease
- 3. a disturbance of a person's digestive system a stomach upset 同義詞 disorder, complaint, ailment, illness, sickness, ... 更多
- 1. unhappy, disappointed, or worried she looked pale and upset 同義詞 distressed, troubled, perturbed, disturbed, discomposed, ... 更多反義詞 unperturbed, calm about
- 2. (of a person's stomach) having disturbed digestion, especially because of something eaten. 同義詞 disordered, disturbed, unsettled, queasy, bad, ... 更多反義詞 settled