- a change or difference in condition, amount, or level, typically with certain limits；a deviation of a celestial body from its mean orbit or motion.
noun: variation, plural noun: variations
- 1. a change or difference in condition, amount, or level, typically with certain limits regional variations in house prices the figures showed marked variation from year to year 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ a deviation of a celestial body from its mean orbit or motion.
- ▪ a change in the value of a function due to small changes in the values of its argument or arguments.
- ▪ the angular difference between true north and magnetic north at a particular place.
- ▪ the occurrence of an organism in more than one distinct color or form.
- 2. a different or distinct form or version of something hurling is an Irish variation of field hockey 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ a version of a theme, modified in melody, rhythm, harmony, or ornamentation, so as to present it in a new but still recognizable form there is an eleven-bar theme followed by seven variations and a coda variations on the perennial theme of marital discord
- ▪ a solo dance as part of a performance he makes the preparation for his variation with utmost care and accuracy