- a change or slight difference in condition, amount, or level, typically within certain limits；a deviation of a celestial body from its mean orbit or motion.
noun: variation, plural noun: variations
- 1. a change or slight difference in condition, amount, or level, typically within certain limits regional variations in house prices the figures showed marked variation from year to year 同義詞 difference, dissimilarity, disparity, inequality, contrast, ... 更多反義詞 constant, uniformity, standardization
- ▪ a deviation of a celestial body from its mean orbit or motion.
- ▪ a change in the value of a function due to small changes in the values of its argument or arguments.
- ▪ the angular difference between true north and magnetic north at a particular place.
- ▪ the occurrence of an organism in more than one distinct colour or form.
- 2. a different or distinct form or version of something hurling is an Irish variation of hockey 同義詞 variant, form, alternative, alternative form, other form, ... 更多反義詞 standard form
- ▪ a version of a theme, modified in melody, rhythm, harmony, or ornamentation, so as to present it in a new but still recognizable form Elgar's Enigma Variations
- ▪ a solo dance as part of a performance he makes the preparation for his variation with utmost care and accuracy