過去式：veiled 過去分詞：veiled 現在分詞：veiling
- 1. 面紗 a bridal veil 新娘的面紗
- 2. 頭巾 to take the veil 當修女
- 3. 掩飾物 a veil of cloud 雲障 to draw a veil over sth. 避免提及某事物
- 1. 遮掩
- 2. 掩飾
1. a piece of fine material worn by women to protect or conceal the face
2. a thing that conceals, disguises, or obscures something
...reference only: "The symbolic significance of the black veil lies in the physical and mental barrier thatit creates...quot; http://www.essaysample.com/essay/003391.html "The veil is transformed from an object into a symbol, significant...
... shrouded in a large dark cloak that can carry its wearer across the veil between worlds. When going into battle he wields the...
避而不談 draw a veil over draw a veil over 避而不谈隐瞒 behind/beyond the veil to avoid discussion of 避而不谈, to avoid discussion of. 避而不談，隱瞞 Draw a veil/curtain over 这窗帘该洗了; Draw a veil/curtain over 避而不谈/隐瞒...