- an edge or border；a grass edging such as that by the side of a road or path
- be very close or similar to
noun: verge, plural noun: verges
- 1. an edge or border they came down to the verge of the lake 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ British a grass edging such as that by the side of a road or path the grass verge outside the church 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ an edge of tiles projecting over a gable.
- 2. an extreme limit beyond which something specified will happen I was on the verge of tears 同義詞 反義詞
- 1. be very close or similar to despair verging on the suicidal