- a ship or large boat.；a hollow container, especially one used to hold liquid, such as a bowl or cask.
noun: vessel, plural noun: vessels
- 1. a ship or large boat. 同義詞
- 2. a hollow container, especially one used to hold liquid, such as a bowl or cask. 同義詞
- ▪ (chiefly in or alluding to biblical use) a person, especially regarded as holding or embodying a particular quality Lord, use this lowly vessel, let me serve You as You will
- 3. a duct or canal holding or conveying blood or other fluid. 同義詞
- ▪ any of the tubular structures in the vascular system of a plant, serving to conduct water and mineral nutrients from the root.