- secured in the possession of or assigned to a person；protected or established by law or contract
- 1. secured in the possession of or assigned to a person:
a state law vested the ownership of all wild birds to the individual counties
- 2. protected or established by law or contract:
parental rights are then vested by section 14 of the 1975 Act
- 3. (of a person) legally entitled to a future benefit, as from a pension:
he was completely vested after five years with the company
- 4. supplied or worn with a vest.
- 5. wearing vestments.