- secured in the possession of or assigned to a person；protected or established by law or contract
- 1. secured in the possession of or assigned to a person a state law vested the ownership of all wild birds to the individual counties
- ▪ protected or established by law or contract parental rights are then vested by section 14 of the 1975 Act
- ▪ (of a person) legally entitled to a future benefit, as from a pension he was completely vested after five years with the company
- 2. supplied or worn with a vest.
- 3. wearing vestments.