- capable of working successfully; feasible；(of a seed or spore) able to germinate
- 1. capable of working successfully; feasible the proposed investment was economically viable
- ▪ (of a seed or spore) able to germinate most clones can produce thousands of viable seeds
- ▪ (of a plant, animal, or cell) capable of surviving or living successfully, especially under particular environmental conditions the largest and most viable population of this endangered vetch little of the frozen semen has been viable when thawed
- ▪ (of a fetus or unborn child) able to live after birth what if the fetus were viable?