- extremely unpleasant；morally bad; wicked
- 1. extremely unpleasant he has a vile temper vile smells
- ▪ morally bad; wicked as vile a rogue as ever lived
- ▪ of little worth or value all the feasts that thou hast shared erewhile, to mine shall be but vile
- extremely unpleasant: he has a vile temper vile smells
Oxford American Dictionary
... of the great person in the past. "'Tis better to be vile than vile esteemed" means we rather be vile (evil) because it ...
...現在我覺得混蛋和模範父親之間，其實只有一線之隔。 ** dirtbag: A filthy or vile person. (from Dictionary.com)