- mute; speechless；not expressed
- 1. mute; speechless:
how could he have remained voiceless in the face of her cruelty?
- 2. not expressed:
the air was charged with voiceless currents of thought
- 3. (of a person or group) lacking the power or right to express an opinion or exert control over affairs.
- 4. (of a speech sound) uttered without resonance of the vocal cords, e.g., f as opposed to v, p as opposed to b, and s as opposed to z.
- adj.not able to speak or express opinions:
- millions of Americans feel voiceless and powerless to bring positive change to the political system
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
...發音)的差別啦： 從articulatory來看，由於voiced stops在發音的時候比voiceless stops在發音的時候必需要振動聲帶(vibrate vocal cords)，在發音上...
Voiceless stops (/p/, /t/, /k/) at the beginning of a ...common stops in the languages of world are voiceless /p t k/, which often have voiced counterparts, /b...
...：所有可以辨別語音特性的屬性都稱為辨異屬性。你第4個問題列出來的像是voiceless/bilabial/fricative都可以當成辨異屬性。a. /lif/ vs /lɪv/ b. /lænd/ vs...