- mute; speechless；not expressed
- 1. mute; speechless how could he have remained voiceless in the face of her cruelty?
- ▪ not expressed the air was charged with voiceless currents of thought
- ▪ (of a person or group) lacking the power or right to express an opinion or exert control over affairs.
- ▪ (of a speech sound) uttered without resonance of the vocal cords, e.g., f as opposed to v, p as opposed to b, and s as opposed to z.
- not able to speak or express opinions: millions of Americans feel voiceless and powerless to bring positive change to the political system