- a mass or lump of a soft material, used for padding, stuffing, or wiping；a portion of tobacco or another narcotic when used for chewing
- compress (a soft material) into a lump or mass；line or stuff with wadding
verb: wad, 3rd person present: wads, gerund or present participle: wadding, past tense: wadded, past participle: wadded
noun: wad, plural noun: wads
- 1. a mass or lump of a soft material, used for padding, stuffing, or wiping a wad of lint-free rag 同義詞
- ▪ a portion of tobacco or another narcotic when used for chewing I made a wad out of the young leaves and twigs and tried to masticate slowly 同義詞
- ▪ historical a disc of felt or another material used to keep powder or shot in place in a gun barrel.
- 2. a bundle or roll of paper or banknotes she held up a wad of greenbacks 同義詞
- ▪ informal a large amount of something, especially money she was working on TV and had wads of money
- 3. British informal a bun, cake, sandwich, or other piece of food tea and wads in some church hall
- 1. compress (a soft material) into a lump or mass wad the strips over and over so that they ball up I removed the name tag and promptly wadded it up
- 2. line or stuff with wadding the quilts are wadded with thick natural cotton
- ▪ stop up (an aperture) with a lump of soft material.