- of or at a fairly or comfortably high temperature；(of clothes or coverings) made of a material that helps the body to retain heat; suitable for cold weather
- make or become warm
- 1. of or at a fairly or comfortably high temperature a warm September evening I walked quickly to keep warm 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of clothes or coverings) made of a material that helps the body to retain heat; suitable for cold weather a warm winter coat 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a soil) quick to absorb heat or retaining heat.
- 2. having, showing, or expressive of enthusiasm, affection, or kindness they exchanged warm, friendly smiles a warm welcome 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ archaic characterized by lively or heated disagreement a warm debate arose
- ▪ archaic sexually explicit or titillating if there is anything a little too warm in the play, it can easily be left out
- 3. (of a color) containing red, yellow, or orange tones her fair coloring suited soft, warm shades
- 4. (of a scent or trail) fresh; strong.
- ▪ informal (especially in children's games) close to discovering something or guessing the correct answer you're getting warmer 同義詞 反義詞
- 1. make or become warm I stamped my feet to warm them up the film warmed our hearts