- of or at a fairly or comfortably high temperature；(of clothes or coverings) made of a material that helps the body to retain heat
- make or become warm；spank (someone's buttocks)
- a warm place or area；an act of warming something or oneself
noun: warm, plural noun: warms
- 1. of or at a fairly or comfortably high temperature a warm September evening I walked quickly to keep warm 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of clothes or coverings) made of a material that helps the body to retain heat a warm winter coat 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a soil) quick to absorb heat or retaining heat.
- 2. having or showing enthusiasm, affection, or kindness they exchanged warm, friendly smiles a warm welcome 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ archaic characterized by lively or heated disagreement a warm debate arose
- ▪ archaic sexually explicit or titillating if there is anything a little too warm in the play, it can easily be left out
- 3. (of a colour) containing red, yellow, or orange tones her fair colouring suited soft, warm shades
- 4. (of a scent or trail) fresh; strong.
- ▪ informal (especially in children's games) close to discovering something or guessing the correct answer we're getting warmer, sir 同義詞 反義詞
- 1. make or become warm I stamped my feet to warm them up the film warmed our hearts
- ▪ spank (someone's buttocks) I'll warm your bum if you don't come here this instant
- 1. a warm place or area stay in the warm, I've made up the fire for you
- ▪ an act of warming something or oneself he had a cup of tea and a warm by the kitchen range
- 2. short for British warm
warming 是名詞 (for example, the Earth warming 地球暖化) cold, cool & warm是形容詞 (warm 亦可當動詞用). 以溫度來說， cold 較 cool 冷. warm表溫暖，it is too warm inside (太熱了，可能30C)，但是若說 it...
What is global warming? --Global warming is the gradual.... What is the impact of the global warming? --An increase in global temperatures can...
What is global warming? What causes global warming? ... country is the largest source of global warming pollution? Without doubt the United...