- of or at a fairly or comfortably high temperature；(of clothes or coverings) made of a material that helps the body to retain heat
- make or become warm；spank (someone's buttocks)
- a warm place or area；an act of warming something or oneself
noun: warm, plural noun: warms
- 1. of or at a fairly or comfortably high temperature:
a warm September evening
I walked quickly to keep warm
- 2. (of clothes or coverings) made of a material that helps the body to retain heat:
a warm winter coat
- 3. (of a soil) quick to absorb heat or retaining heat.
- 4. having or showing enthusiasm, affection, or kindness:
they exchanged warm, friendly smiles
a warm welcome
- 5. characterized by lively or heated disagreement:
a warm debate arose
- 6. sexually explicit or titillating:
if there is anything a little too warm in the play, it can easily be left out
- 7. (of a colour) containing red, yellow, or orange tones:
her fair colouring suited soft, warm shades
- 8. (of a scent or trail) fresh; strong.
- 9. (especially in children's games) close to discovering something or guessing the correct answer:
we're getting warmer, sir
- 1. make or become warm:
I stamped my feet to warm them up
the film warmed our hearts
- 2. spank (someone's buttocks):
I'll warm your bum if you don't come here this instant
- 1. a warm place or area:
stay in the warm, I've made up the fire for you
- 2. an act of warming something or oneself:
he had a cup of tea and a warm by the kitchen range
- 3. short for British warm
warming 是名詞 (for example, the Earth warming 地球暖化) cold, cool & warm是形容詞 (warm 亦可當動詞用). 以溫度來說， cold 較 cool 冷. warm表溫暖，it is too warm inside (太熱了，可能30C)，但是若說 it...
What is global warming? --Global warming is the gradual.... What is the impact of the global warming? --An increase in global temperatures can...
What is global warming? What causes global warming? ... country is the largest source of global warming pollution? Without doubt the United...