- clean with water and, typically, soap or detergent；clean oneself with soap and water
- an act of washing something or an instance of being washed；a quantity of clothes needing to be or just having been washed
noun: wash, plural noun: washes
verb: wash, 3rd person present: washes, gerund or present participle: washing, past tense: washed, past participle: washed
- 1. clean with water and, typically, soap or detergent Auntie Lou had washed all their clothes he washed down the woodwork in the kitchen 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ clean oneself with soap and water he reached for the soap and began to wash 同義詞
- ▪ (with reference to a stain or dirt) remove or be removed by cleaning with water and detergent they have to keep washing the mould off the walls all that hate can't wash away the guilt 同義詞
- ▪ (of fabric, a garment, or dye) withstand cleaning to a specified degree without shrinking or fading a linen-mix yarn which washes well
- ▪ do one's laundry I need someone to cook and wash for me
- ▪ literary wet or moisten (something) thoroughly you are beautiful with your face washed with rain
- 2. (of flowing water) carry (someone or something) in a particular direction floods washed away the bridges 同義詞
- ▪ be carried by flowing water an oil slick washed up on the beaches 同義詞
- ▪ (especially of waves) sweep or splash in a particular direction the sea began to wash along the decks 同義詞
- ▪ (of a river, sea, or lake) flow through or lap against (a country, coast, etc.) offshore islands washed by warm blue seas
- ▪ sift metallic particles from (earth or gravel) by running water through it the sand has been churned and washed by miners
- 3. brush with a thin coat of dilute paint or ink the walls were washed with shades of umber 同義詞
- ▪ coat inferior metal with (a film of gold or silver from a solution) copper washed with silver 同義詞
- 4. informal seem convincing or genuine charm won't wash with this crew 同義詞
- 1. an act of washing something or an instance of being washed her hair needs a wash 同義詞
- ▪ a quantity of clothes needing to be or just having been washed she hung out her Tuesday wash 同義詞
- 2. the water or air disturbed by a moving boat or aircraft the wash of a motorboat 同義詞
- ▪ the breaking of waves on a shore the wash of waves on the pebbled beach 同義詞
- 3. an inlet of the North Sea on the east coast of England between Norfolk and Lincolnshire.
- 4. a medicinal or cleansing solution citrus-scented body wash 同義詞
- 5. a layer of paint or metal spread thinly on a surface the walls were covered with a pale lemon wash 同義詞
- 6. silt or gravel carried by a stream or river and deposited as sediment.
- ▪ a sandbank exposed only at low tide.
- 7. kitchen slops and other food waste fed to pigs.
- 8. malt fermenting in preparation for distillation.
- 9. North American informal a situation or result that is of no benefit to either of two opposing sides the plan's impact on jobs would be a wash, creating as many as it costs
...助動詞後第1個動詞,以1對1來想會比較簡單,Did you wash your hands before you ate?這句以...hand.的話,問句就變成系:Did you eat after you washed your hand? 希望這種解釋你可以了解~謝謝囉...
Hello, 1. 題目 : I (wash) my car tonight when my mother comes...有可能。 3. 未來進行式 : (尚未發生) I will be washing my car tonight when my mother comes...
...的清洗動作, 也就是只有用液體接觸要洗的東西的表面去達到清洗的目的. 2.Wash: 是除了水洗, 或其他藥液淋濕的動作外, 還包含其他的人為動作, 或機械動作...