- lacking the power to perform physically demanding tasks; having little physical strength or energy；lacking power or influence
- 1. lacking the power to perform physically demanding tasks; having little physical strength or energy she was recovering from flu, and was very weak 同義詞 frail, feeble, puny, fragile, delicate, ... 更多反義詞 strong
- ▪ lacking power or influence the central government had grown too weak to impose order the new king used his powers to protect the weak
- ▪ (of a team or military force) containing too few members or members of insufficient quality their problems arose from fielding weak teams in league matches
- ▪ (of a faculty or part of the body) not able to fulfil its functions properly he had a weak stomach 同義詞 inadequate, poor, feeble, defective, faulty, ... 更多反義詞 strong, powerful, keen
- ▪ of a low standard; performing or performed badly the choruses on this recording are weak 同義詞 inadequate, poor, feeble, defective, faulty, ... 更多反義詞 strong, powerful, keen
- ▪ not convincing or logically forceful the argument is an extremely weak one a weak plot 同義詞 unconvincing, untenable, tenuous, implausible, unsatisfactory, ... 更多反義詞 convincing
- ▪ exerting only a small force a weak magnetic field
- 2. liable to break or give way under pressure; easily damaged the salamander's tail may be broken off at a weak spot near the base
- ▪ lacking the force of character to hold to one's own decisions, beliefs, or principles; irresolute he was not weak or a compromiser 同義詞 irresolute, spineless, craven, cowardly, pusillanimous, ... 更多反義詞 strong, resolute
- ▪ (of a belief) not held with conviction or intensity their commitment to the project is weak
- ▪ (of prices or a market) having a downward tendency.
- 3. lacking intensity or brightness a weak light from a single street lamp 同義詞 dim, pale, wan, faint, dull, ... 更多反義詞 strong, bright
- ▪ (of a liquid or solution) heavily diluted a cup of weak coffee 同義詞 watery, diluted, dilute, watered down, thinned down, ... 更多反義詞 strong, powerful
- ▪ displaying or characterized by a lack of enthusiasm or energy she managed a weak, nervous smile 同義詞 unenthusiastic, feeble, half-hearted, limp, lame
- ▪ (of features) not striking or strongly marked his beard covered a weak chin
- ▪ (of a syllable) unstressed.
- 4. denoting a class of verbs in Germanic languages that form the past tense and past participle by addition of a suffix (in English, typically -ed).
- 5. relating to or denoting the weakest of the known kinds of force between particles, which acts only at distances less than about 10−15 cm, is very much weaker than the electromagnetic and the strong interactions, and conserves neither strangeness, parity, nor isospin.