- in a good or satisfactory way；in a way that is appropriate to the facts or circumstances
- in good health; free or recovered from illness；in a satisfactory state or position
- used to express a range of emotions including surprise, anger, resignation, or relief；used when pausing to consider one's next words, to mark the resumption or end of a conversation, etc.
- 1. in a good or satisfactory way the whole team played well 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ in a way that is appropriate to the facts or circumstances you did well to come and tell me a well-timed exit 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ so as to have a fortunate outcome his campaign was not going well
- ▪ in a kind way the animals will remain loyal to humans if treated well 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ with praise or approval people spoke well of him the film was quite well reviewed at the time 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ with equanimity she took it very well, all things considered
- ▪ profitably; advantageously she would marry well or not at all
- ▪ in a condition of prosperity or comfort they lived well and were generous with their money 同義詞
- ▪ archaic luckily; opportunely hail fellow, well met
- 2. in a thorough manner add the mustard and lemon juice and mix well 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ to a great extent or degree (often used for emphasis) the visit had been planned well in advance a well-loved colleague 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ intimately; closely he knew my father very well 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ British informal very; extremely he was well out of order
- ▪ used as an intensifier I should jolly well hope so
- 3. very probably; in all likelihood being short of breath may well be the first sign of asthma 同義詞
- ▪ without difficulty she could well afford to pay for the reception herself 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ with good reason ‘What are we doing here?’ ‘You may well ask.’
- 1. in good health; free or recovered from illness I don't feel very well it would be some time before Sarah was completely well 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ in a satisfactory state or position I do hope all is well with you and your family 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. sensible; advisable it would be well to know just what this suggestion entails 同義詞 反義詞
- 1. used to express a range of emotions including surprise, anger, resignation, or relief Well, really! The manners of some people!
- ▪ used when pausing to consider one's next words, to mark the resumption or end of a conversation, etc. well, I suppose I could fit you in at 3.45 well, cheers, Tom—I must fly
- ▪ used to indicate that one is waiting for an answer or explanation from someone Well? You promised to tell me all about it
...另外...尚有其他詞性及用法如下.... well a. ( 形容詞 adjective ) adv. ( 副詞...病的,健康的,健壯的 《例句》 feel well 身體好 look well 看上去身體好;(人...3. 【地】 來源,源泉 《例句》 a well of information 什麼都知道的人 the well...
As well as 可當附屬連接詞和介系詞用， 當連接詞...為「和…一樣」：You know as well as I that he’s a fool. (你和...所以要使用複數動詞 – 時，或者當 as well as 及其受詞被語調或逗點隔開，因此使...
... days are here With Summer's best of weather And Autumn's best of cheer. 這些可愛跡徵...