- a smell that is only smelled briefly or faintly；an act of sniffing or inhaling, typically so as to determine or savor a scent
- get a brief or faint smell of；(chiefly in baseball or golf) try unsuccessfully to hit the ball.
noun: whiff, plural noun: whiffs
verb: whiff, 3rd person present: whiffs, gerund or present participle: whiffing, past tense: whiffed, past participle: whiffed
- 1. a smell that is only smelled briefly or faintly:
I caught a whiff of peachy perfume
- 2. an act of sniffing or inhaling, typically so as to determine or savor a scent:
one whiff of clothing and Fido was off
- 3. a trace or hint of something bad, menacing, or exciting:
here was a man with a whiff of danger about him
- 4. a puff or breath of air or smoke:
whiffs of smoke emerged from the boiler
- 5. (chiefly in baseball or golf) an unsuccessful attempt to hit the ball.
- 1. get a brief or faint smell of:
he screwed up his nose as if he'd whiffed Limburger
- 2. (chiefly in baseball or golf) try unsuccessfully to hit the ball.
...position 打擊位子) The bad news is, he struggled offensively,whiffing 100 time for the second straight year. whiffing 100 time - 三振出局 100...
... and said: As a child, always have sweet-smelling taste of a whiff of meal that assails the nostrils to go home to leave school...
...fresh and creative one in the meeting is carried out, inject a whiff of vigor into company. So I think that my ability in marketing...