- (especially of a machine or a bird's wings) make a low, continuous, regular sound
- a low, continuous, regular sound
verb: whir, 3rd person present: whirs, gerund or present participle: whirring, past tense: whirred, past participle: whirred
noun: whir, plural noun: whirs
- 1. (especially of a machine or a bird's wings) make a low, continuous, regular sound the ceiling fans whirred in the smoky air
- 1. a low, continuous, regular sound the whir of the projector
- (of something rapidly rotating or moving to and fro) make a low, continuous, regular sound: the ceiling fans whirred in the smoky air
- a whirring sound: the whir of the projector
.../ we/ whee/ where/ when/ whereto/ whet/ whetting/ whetter/ whig/ whiggish/ whir/ whirring/ whirr/ whit/ white/ whiten/ whitening/ whitener/ whitewing/ ...
...: dad, you're not much only jump up into the basket Parent: whirring ~ tired ~ Parent: good enough ~ (burp) Child: so delicious! ...
這不是文章，這是散文詩。讀的時候要注意，有的地方上一句跟下一句不能讀斷，好像 doors frozen to the floor, 凍固在地板上的門，就是指打不開的門。 walls too thin to hold the weight of what they heard. 他們聽到的話(聲音)是有重量的，而且重到薄薄的牆攔不住...