- move quickly through the air with a whistling or buzzing sound；move or go quickly
- a whistling or buzzing sound made by something moving fast through the air.；a fast movement or brief tour
verb: whizz, 3rd person present: whizzes, gerund or present participle: whizzing, past tense: whizzed, past participle: whizzed
noun: whizz, plural noun: whizzes
- 1. move quickly through the air with a whistling or buzzing sound the missiles whizzed past
- ▪ move or go quickly cobbled streets where people whizzed back and forth on bicycles the weeks whizzed by
- ▪ do or deal with quickly Audrey would whizz through a few chores in the shop
- ▪ blend (ingredients) in a food processor or liquidizer whizz the mixture to a smooth paste
- 2. informal urinate.
- 1. a whistling or buzzing sound made by something moving fast through the air.
- ▪ informal a fast movement or brief tour a quick whizz around the research-and-development facility
- 2. informal a person who is extremely clever at something a computer whizz
- 3. North American informal an act of urinating.
- 4. British informal amphetamines.
- a young person who is outstandingly skilful or successful at something: a computer whizz-kid