- metal drawn out into the form of a thin flexible thread or rod；a length or quantity of wire used to carry an electric current, for fencing, etc.
- install electric circuits or wires in；connect (someone or something) to a piece of electronic equipment
verb: wire, 3rd person present: wires, gerund or present participle: wiring, past tense: wired, past participle: wired
noun: wire, plural noun: wires
- 1. metal drawn out into the form of a thin flexible thread or rod a coil of copper wire a wire coat hanger
- ▪ a length or quantity of wire used to carry an electric current, for fencing, etc.
- ▪ North American a wire stretched across and above the start and finish of a racecourse.
- 2. an electronic listening device that can be concealed on a person an undercover police informer who was wearing a wire
- 3. North American informal a telegram or cablegram.
- 1. install electric circuits or wires in wiring a plug electricians wired up searchlights
- ▪ connect (someone or something) to a piece of electronic equipment a microphone wired to a loudspeaker
- 2. provide, fasten, or reinforce with wires they wired his jaw
- 3. North American informal send a telegram or cablegram to she wired her friend for advice
- ▪ send (money) to (someone) by means of a telegram or cablegram he was expecting a friend in Australia to wire him $1,500
- 4. snare (an animal) with wire.
- 5. obstruct (a ball, shot, or player) by a hoop.
...人から人へとつながる ひとからひとへとつながる 淡く青藍に輝くWire あわくあおあいにかがやくWire とてもきれいでまるで絹...
沒錯，wired是指被電線和網路連結起來的電腦世代，稱網路世代會更恰當。wired adj...or receive information. (Oxford 牛津字典)美國有一本著名的雜誌就叫 "WIRED"。 圖片參考：http://ly.lygo.com/ly/wired/wired/covers...
wire 是"金屬絲"或"金屬線" wool 在這是指"羊毛狀, 一絲一絲的東西" wire wool 是 "金屬絲團" 或是"鋼絲絨" 用途: 清洗, 洗刷的工具