- having paid employment；engaged in manual labor
- the action of doing work.；the way in which a machine, organization, or system operates
noun: working, plural noun: workings
- 1. having paid employment:
the size of the working population
- 2. engaged in manual labor:
the vote is no longer sufficient protection for the working man
- 3. relating to, suitable for, or for the purpose of work:
improvements in living and working conditions
- 4. (of an animal) used in farming, hunting, or for guard duties; not kept as a pet or for show.
- 5. functioning or able to function:
the mill still has a working waterwheel
- 6. (of parts of a machine) moving and causing a machine to operate:
the working parts of a digital watch
- 7. (of a theory, definition, or title) used as the basis for work or argument and likely to be developed, adapted, or improved later:
the working hypothesis is tested and refined through discussion
- 8. (of something possessed) sufficient to work with:
they have a working knowledge of contract law
- 1. the action of doing work.
- 2. the way in which a machine, organization, or system operates:
we will be less secretive about the workings of government
- 3. a mine or a part of a mine from which minerals are being extracted.
...最後,很不好意思在此另外告知,在哪裡工作的介系詞不是 in而是 at He works at a restaurant. He works at a coffee shop. 還有一個常用的 for,解釋...
...2. 他跟蘋果和柳橙切片產生的效果不太好。他們感覺是不相同的東西。 這裡 work 的意思其實是 「起的作用; 行得通」 舉例: Your suggestion works...
work/ working/ to/ getter/ gettering/ got/ get/ getting/ worker/ king/ kit...