- having or showing the qualities that deserve the specified action or regard；deserving effort, attention, or respect
- a person notable or important in a particular sphere
- 1. having or showing the qualities that deserve the specified action or regard these issues are worthy of further consideration
- ▪ deserving effort, attention, or respect generous donations to worthy causes
- ▪ good enough; suitable no composer was considered worthy of the name until he had written an opera
- 2. characterized by good intent but lacking in humour or imagination worthy but tedious advice
- 1. humorous a person notable or important in a particular sphere schools governed by local worthies
- having or showing the qualities or abilities that merit recognition in a specified way: issues worthy of further consideration
- a person notable or important in a particular sphere: schools governed by local worthies
Oxford American Dictionary
-worthy 加在字尾是表示 「值得」 或 「適合於」 某件事，既然是 for 某件事...直接用名詞或動名詞。 要互換必須是同樣的意思，「值得」 除了 worth 之外， worthy 當然也可以, 不過要用 worthy of 的形式： worthy of cherish 值得珍惜 除了 worth...
...一個名福其實的警察會讓罪犯如此容易的逃走 1. worth 2. worthy 3. worthwhile 4. worth while ANSWER:1.worth worth...足以...的[F][( of)][ to-v] She is worthy to receive such honor. 她應該得到此榮譽。 The...
...adjective ) n. ( 名詞 noun ) a. ( 形容詞 adjective ) 1. 配得上的 《例句》 worthy to be considered 值得考慮的 a poet worthy of the name 名副其實的詩人 be...