- of the color between green and orange in the spectrum, a primary subtractive color complementary to blue; colored like ripe lemons or egg yolks；having a naturally yellowish or olive skin (as used to describe Chinese or Japanese people).
- yellow color or pigment；yellow clothes or material
- become yellow, especially with age
noun: yellow, plural noun: yellows
- 1. of the color between green and orange in the spectrum, a primary subtractive color complementary to blue; colored like ripe lemons or egg yolks curly yellow hair 同義詞
- ▪ offensive having a naturally yellowish or olive skin (as used to describe Chinese or Japanese people).
- ▪ denoting a warning of danger which is thought to be near but not actually imminent he put Camp Visoko on yellow alert
- 2. informal cowardly he'd better get back there quick and prove he's not yellow 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ archaic showing jealousy or suspicion.
- 3. (of a book or newspaper) unscrupulously sensational he based his judgment on headlines and yellow journalism
- 1. yellow color or pigment the craft detonated in a blaze of red and yellow a wide range of colours from rich vibrant reds, yellows, blues, and greens to more unexpected pastel shades
- ▪ yellow clothes or material everyone dresses in yellow
- 2. any of a number of plant diseases in which the leaves turn yellow, typically caused by viruses and transmitted by insects.
- 1. become yellow, especially with age the cream paint was beginning to yellow
《Yellow Submarine 黃色潛水艇》by Beatles 披頭四In the... beneath the waves 我們就住在波浪下In our yellow submarine 在我們的黃色潛水艇裡We all live in our...
... beneath the waves 我們全住在波浪之下 In our yellow submarine 在我們的黃色淺水挺裡 We all live in our yellow...
yellow journalism這個詞是來自於1890年間的"媒體戰爭." 當紐約世界報( New... ) 的漫畫專欄"霍根小徑"中的的漫畫人物"黃衣小子" (the yellow kid) 大受歡迎之時,它的對手報紙,紐約日報(New York Journal...