- 贈送; 分發；在婚禮上把(新娘)交給新郎
- 1. 贈送; 分發 She gave away all her money to the poor. 她把錢都送給窮人了。 He gave away most of his money to charity. 他把大部分錢都捐贈給慈善事業了。
- 2. 在婚禮上把(新娘)交給新郎 The bride was given away by her father. 在婚禮上, 新娘由其父親交給新郎。
- 3. 有意或無意地洩露某事物(或出賣某人) His accent gave him away as a northerner. 他的口音讓人聽出他是北方人。 She gave away state secrets to the enemy. 她將國家機密洩露給敵人了。
- (婚禮中)將新娘交與新郎 The bride was given away by her father. 由父親把新娘交與新郎。
- 洩露消息 I wish she wouldn't talk and give the show away. 我希望她不要多話而走漏消息。
- 洩露秘密 I gave the game away by laughing. 我一笑便洩露了機密。
- 洩露內幕 I wish he wouldn't give the show away. 但願他不會洩露內幕。
...the object (受詞) is. If it is a long one, then you use "give away" to make it easy to read. Otherwise, you can place the object between "...
The farmer thought himself to be too poor to be giving away his pears. too....to..... : 太...以至於不能.... to give away是不定詞...
should give me away 或許會讓我露出馬腳; 應會讓我露餡 這裡的should+VR表推測現在或未來...提出依據或出處: http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/give-sb-away_1?q=give+sb+away#give-sb-away_1__2 give sb away phrasal berb (SHOW) to show someone's secret ...