- 1. 責任；義務；本分[C][U] It is our duty to defend our country. 保衛國家是我們的義務。
- 2. 稅[C][U] Customs duties are paid on imported goods. 進口貨物要付關稅。
- 3. 職責；職務[P1] One of my duties is to file the letters. 我的職責之一是將信件歸檔。
- 4. 敬意；恭順
- 5. （機器的）功率；能率；負荷
- 6. （作物所需的）灌溉量
- 當值, 上班 Sorry, I can't come with. I am on duty tonight, worst luck. 抱歉, 我不能和你一起去, 真倒楣今晚我值班。 There is always one teacher on duty during study hour. 學習時間通常都有一位老師負責管理。
- 不當班, 下班 Sailors like to go sight-seeing when they are off duty in a foreign port. 船員們在外國港口不當班時喜歡觀光。 It seems that all the taxis in Chicago are off duty on Labor Day. 芝加哥所有的計程車似乎在勞工節那天都不開車。
duty 1duty Duty is work that you have to do for your job. Staff must report for duty at their normal place of work. My duty ... were 2,250 policemen on duty in and around the stadium. Extra staff had...
lunch duty : 午餐時段值班 dinner duty : 晚餐時段值班 2010-04-08 10:08:20 補充： 指揮交通，保護學童過馬路這些是duty沒錯, 一起用餐稱為lunch duty或dinner duty則有些牽強, 或許因前述duty包含用餐, 以...
Tax 是指任何稅金，其中包括 tariff and duty 例: Tariff and duty are some forms of taxes. .... 有些國家利用進口稅來保護國內市場。 例:The export duty of Germany drives up the prices of its product in...