- sudden and unexpected；brief to the point of rudeness; curt
- 1. sudden and unexpected:
I was surprised by the abrupt change of subject
the match came to an abrupt end
- 2. brief to the point of rudeness; curt:
you were rather abrupt with that young man
- 3. (of a style of speech or writing) not flowing smoothly; disjointed:
abrupt, epigrammatic paragraphs
an occasionally abrupt narrative
- 4. steep; precipitous:
the abrupt double peak
- adj.sudden and unexpected:
- I was surprised by the abrupt change of subject
our round of golf came to an abrupt end on the 13th hole
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
it show that landscape dynamics may involve abrupt and discontinuous behaviour involving flips between quasi-stable...
...很多，「突發且不可逆轉」是部份華文媒體的中文翻譯版本之一，原文英文則是abrupt and irreversible impacts，請參考BBC新聞網站這段報導（http://news.bbc...
Dear C: It could be abrupt of me to write to you given that we may still not know each other yet...