- make a public and typically formal declaration about a fact, occurrence, or intention；make known the arrival or imminence of (a guest or a meal) at a formal social occasion
verb: announce, 3rd person present: announces, gerund or present participle: announcing, past tense: announced, past participle: announced
- 1. make a public and typically formal declaration about a fact, occurrence, or intention:
the president's office announced that the state of siege would be lifted
he announced his retirement from football
- 2. make known the arrival or imminence of (a guest or a meal) at a formal social occasion:
dinner was announced
- 3. give information about (transportation) in a station or airport via a public address system:
they were announcing her train
- v.make a formal public statement about a fact, occurrence, or intention:
- the President's office announced that the siege would be lifted
he announced his retirement from international football
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
1. The crowing of cocks announced that dawn was near. ＝雞啼表示天快亮了...如此；that子句原是介系詞of的受詞） 和inform不同，announce沒有to announce someone of something的用法，所以就不會...
...吧！ declare: make known clearly or formally.宣布，宣告，公告，鄭重地說。 announce: make known.宣布。 state: express in words, esp carefully, fully and clearly...
1. Announce: 宣布、宣告 "一件事情"...給國民知道 I have something to announce today....Mywife is pregnant...先";"前" 這個的意思跟announce也有點像 比較界於ｃｌａｉｍ...