- risk a sum of money or valued item against someone else's on the basis of the outcome of an unpredictable event such as a race or game；risk a sum of money against (someone) on the outcome or likelihood of a future event
- an act of betting a sum of money；a sum of money staked
verb: bet, 3rd person present: bets, gerund or present participle: betting, past tense: bet, past participle: bet
- 1. risk a sum of money or valued item against someone else's on the basis of the outcome of an unpredictable event such as a race or game he bet on baseball games I would be prepared to bet that he wanted to leave 同義詞
- ▪ risk a sum of money against (someone) on the outcome or likelihood of a future event I bet you £15 you won't chat her up
- 2. informal used to express certainty I bet this place is really spooky late at night he'll be surprised to see me, I'll bet 同義詞
- 1. an act of betting a sum of money she had a bet on the Derby for a bet he once rode 200 miles in nine hours 同義詞
- ▪ a sum of money staked the bookies are taking bets on his possible successor
- ▪ a candidate or option offering a specified likelihood of success City looked a good bet for victory your best bet is to call the official liquidators 同義詞
- ▪ one's opinion about a future event my bet is that Arsenal won't win anything 同義詞
... my plan Realize on what I lost You know you can Bet on it, bet on it Bet on it, bet on it Bet on me I...
I bet.是什麼意思？什麼時候適用？跟ｙｏｕ ｂｅｔ 有何不同？先...時，是【打賭、下賭注】的意思，引申為【確定、確信】的意思。不論I bet或You bet都是從這個【動詞】的含意而來。通常說 I bet時，都...
um, "you bet" is more use like "yeah, you right" .....isn't really like "great... ex1. I: the hot weather is killing people You: you bet ex2. I: can we meet here at lunch time tomorrow? You: you bet. It...