- slightly wet
- moisture diffused through the air or a solid substance or condensed on a surface, typically with detrimental or unpleasant effects；foul, stifling, or poisonous gas, especially in a mine.
- make (something) slightly wet；make a fire burn less strongly by reducing the flow of air to it
verb: damp, 3rd person present: damps, gerund or present participle: damping, past tense: damped, past participle: damped
noun: damp, plural noun: damps
- 1. slightly wet her hair was still damp from the shower
- 1. moisture diffused through the air or a solid substance or condensed on a surface, typically with detrimental or unpleasant effects the house reeked of mold and damp
- ▪ foul, stifling, or poisonous gas, especially in a mine.
- ▪ archaic damp air or atmosphere the damps of the valley
- 2. archaic a check or discouragement shame gave a damp to her triumph
- 1. make (something) slightly wet damp a small area with water
- 2. make a fire burn less strongly by reducing the flow of air to it he damped down the fire for the night
- ▪ control or restrain (a feeling or a state of affairs) she tried to damp down her feelings of despair
- 3. restrict the amplitude of vibrations on (a piano or other musical instrument) so as to reduce the volume of sound rapidly damping the cymbals after repeatedly clashing them together
- ▪ progressively reduce the amplitude of (an oscillation or vibration) concrete structures damp out any vibrations
- a person or thing that has a subduing or inhibiting effect: this will be a damper on the liberal agenda for the next couple of years
- a person or thing that has a depressing, subduing, or inhibiting effect: another damper on reactor development was the problem of safeguards
Oxford American Dictionary
- impervious to damp: any damp-proof membrane must be effective
- make impervious to damp by using a damp course: the foundation has been properly damp-proofed
- dry (something) until it is only damp: the machine automatically washes, rinses, and damp-dries
Oxford American Dictionary
- a layer of waterproof material in the wall of a building near the ground, to prevent rising damp.
- dry (something wet) until it is only damp: damp-dry the fish with kitchen paper
- choking or suffocating gas, typically carbon dioxide, that is found in mines and other ...
- moisture absorbed from the ground into a wall: he is looking at ways to halt rising damp
- slightly wet: her hair was still damp from the shower damp November evenings
- moisture diffused through the air or a solid substance or condensed on a surface, typically ... the house reeked of mould and damp
- make (something) slightly wet: damp a small area with water
Can you describe the color and range of the VU meter and the width and damping of its needle? damping衰減/減幅/阻尼 damping of its...
牆壁上有一片片潮濕的地方, 意思就是 ---> "油漆未乾"牆壁上有一片片潮濕的地方, 意思就是 ---> "油漆未乾"牆壁上有一片片潮濕的地方, 意思就是 ---> "油漆未乾"
...fog) *沒有使用在煙霧上 所以通常指天氣起霧 多用mist 指香煙的煙霧 用haze 2.damp當名詞時是''微濕'' 形容詞的時候是"潮濕的"，才用在氣候 [uncountable...