- the amount, level, or extent to which something happens or is present；a unit of measurement of angles, one three-hundred-and-sixtieth of the circumference of a circle
noun: degree, plural noun: degrees
- 1. the amount, level, or extent to which something happens or is present a degree of caution is probably wise a question of degree 同義詞
- 2. a unit of measurement of angles, one three-hundred-and-sixtieth of the circumference of a circle set at an angle of 45 degrees
- 3. a unit in any of various scales of temperature, intensity, or hardness water boils at 100 degrees Celsius
- ▪ each of a set of grades (usually three) used to classify burns according to their severity.
- ▪ a legal grade of crime or offense, especially murder second-degree murder criminal conduct in the first degree
- ▪ a step in direct genealogical descent second-degree relatives
- ▪ a position in a musical scale, counting upward from the tonic or fundamental note the lowered third degree of the scale
- ▪ the class into which an equation falls according to the highest power of unknowns or variables present an equation of the second degree
- ▪ any of the three steps on the scale of comparison of gradable adjectives and adverbs, namely positive, comparative, and superlative.
- ▪ archaic a thing placed like a step in a series; a tier or row.
- 4. an academic rank conferred by a college or university after examination or after completion of a course of study, or conferred as an honor on a distinguished person a degree in zoology
- ▪ a rank in an order of Freemasonry.
- 5. archaic social or official rank persons of unequal degree 同義詞
...和大家分享, 請樓上打呼女王多多包涵. “the third degree”的字面意思是”第三度”, 擺明了後面是省略了一個名詞...can achieve as a Mason is the third degree. Those who are familiar with this esoteric organization...
associate degree 是美國社區大學兩年制所般的學位。在...專科，有說要頒「副學士」就是 associate degree. (我在美國，只知道美國的制度，不知道...但也有一些私立機構，給畢業生 associate degree。這類機構可能叫 college， institute ，但...
這是學位名稱 Fine Arts = 美術/藝術 degree = 學位 literature = 文學 He also has a Fine Arts degree...