- a recognized autonomous branch of the Christian Church；a group or branch of any religion
noun: denomination, plural noun: denominations
- 1. a recognized autonomous branch of the Christian Church:
the Presbyterian community is the second largest denomination in the country
- 2. a group or branch of any religion:
Jewish clergy of all denominations
- 3. the face value of a banknote, coin, or postage stamp:
a hundred dollars or so, in small denominations
- 4. the rank of a playing card within a suit, or of a suit relative to others:
two cards of the same denomination
- 5. a name or designation, especially one serving to classify a set of things.
- 6. the action of naming or classifying something:
the denomination of herself as intellectual rebel
- n.a recognized autonomous branch of the Christian Church:
- the Presbyterian community is the second largest denomination in the country
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
...證明書的面額種類 All share certificates shall be issued in denominations of one, ten, one hundred, and one thousand shares. 所有的股權證明書均應以...
...yellow, and a mixture of yellow and white. The red ones have the least denomination(value), which are 1cent, 2, and 5 cents. Yellow ones...
... of divine right, but because it is simply the best and most dynamic denomination.Barolo身為酒中之王並非上天賦予它的權利，只因為它就是最好及最...